EUROCALL’s online scientific journal
Aims and scope
The EUROCALL Review is an open access journal published online biannually and edited by former EUROCALL President (2005-2011), Ana Gimeno, Associate Professor of English Language in the Department of Applied Linguistics, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain). Regular sections are:
- Reports on EUROCALL Special Interest Groups: up-to-date information on SIG activities
- Projects: reports on on-going or completed CALL or CALL-related R&D projects
- Recommended websites: reports and reviews of examples of good practice in language learning website development
- Articles: research, reflective-practice or research & development articles relating to CALL and TELL
- Publications: reviews of new books, CALL software, etc.
Articles submitted to The EUROCALL Review are blind peer-reviewed by members of the Editorial Board. If you can provide information on any topic of interest to the CALL community, please send this directly to Ana Gimeno, email agimeno
Dr. Christine Appel (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, ES) | Dr. Paul Bangs (London City University, UK) | Dr. Françoise Blin (Dublin City University, IE) | Dr. Alex Boulton (Université de Lorraine, FR) | Dr. Angela Chambers (University of Limerick, IE) | Dr. Thierry Chanier ( Université Clermont 2, FR ) | Dr. Jozef Colpaert (University of Antwerp, BE) | Dr. Robert Fischer (Texas State University, USA) | Mr. Anthony Fitzpatrick (Consultant, UK) | Dr. John Gillespie (University of Ulster at Coleraine, UK) | Dr. Trude Heift (Simon Fraser University, Canada) | Dr. Phil Hubbard (Stanford University, USA) | Dr. Kristi Jauregui (University of Utrecht, NL) | Dr. Mike Levy (University of Queensland, Australia) | Dr. Peter Liddell (University of Victoria, Canada) | Dr. Robert O’Dowd (Universidad de León, ES) | Dr. Pascual Pérez-Paredes (Universidad de Murcia, ES) | Dr. Joan Tomàs Pujolà (Universitat de Barcelona, ES) | Dr. German Ruiperez (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, ES) | Dr. Bernd Rüschoff (University of Duisburg-Essen, DE | Dr. Mathias Schulze (University of Waterloo, Canada) | Dr. Bryan Smith (Arizona State University, USA) | Dr. Peppi Taalas (University of Jyvaskylä, FI) | Mrs. June Thompson (University of Hull, UK) | Dr. Steven Thorne (Pennsylvania State University, USA) | Dr. George S. Ypsilandis (Aristotle University, GR) |
All of the links below are to PDF versions of the journal, hosted on the EUROCALL central server, and the links in brackets will take you to the online interactive issues hosted by the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia.
- Vol. 23, No. 2, September 2015 (UPV site)
- Vol. 23, No. 1, March 2015 (UPV site)
- Vol. 22, No. 2, September 2014 (UPV site)
- Vol 22, No. 1, March 2014 (UPV site: Chrome, Firefox version / IE version)*
- Vol 21, No. 2, September 2013 (UPV site)
- Vol. 21, No. 1, March 2013 (UPV site)
- Vol. 20, No. 2, September 2012 (UPV site)
- Vol. 20, No. 1, March 2012 (UPV site)
- No. 19, September 2011 (UPV site)
- No. 18, March 2011 (UPV site)
- No. 17, September 2010 (UPV site)
- No. 16, March 2010 (UPV site)
- No. 15, Mar-Sep 2009 special issue (UPV site)
- No. 14, Nov 2008 (UPV site)
- No. 13, Mar 2008 (UPV site)
- No. 12, Sep 2007 (UPV site)
- No. 11, Mar 2007 (UPV site)
- No. 10, Sep 2006 (UPV site)
- No. 9, Mar 2006 (UPV site)
- No. 8, Nov 2005 (UPV site)
- No. 7, May 2005 (UPV site)
- No. 6, Dec 2004 (UPV site)
- No. 5, Aug 2004 (UPV site)
- No. 4, Jan 2004 (UPV site)
- No. 3, Sep 2003 (UPV site)
- No. 2, Mar 2003 (UPV site)
- No. 1, Nov 2002 (UPV site)
* Due to the Journal’s interactive features, Vol. 22(1) has been made available in 2 versions to cater for different browser audio requirements. Despite this, the audio files in Ton Koenraad’s article may not be supported by some browser versions.
Guidelines for contributors
Before being reviewed, each submission is first checked for:
- Relevance (i.e. the relationship between technology and language teaching/learning is clearly explicated in the article)
- Originality/substance (i.e. the paper brings something new to the field)
- Indication, where appropriate, of rigorous data collection and analysis
- Bibliography (i.e. up-to-date and relevant to CALL)
- Language (non-native speakers of English are advised to have their article proof-read by a native speaker prior to submission)
- Form (i.e. compliance with manuscript requirements, structure and style appropriate to an academic international publication)
If any of the above is deemed unsatisfactory, the editor will notify the authors that their paper is not suitable for publication at this time.
Interactive features: Due to the Journal’s interactive features, authors may include any type of media they wish in their articles (audio, video, animations,…).
Graphic aides: Tables, figures, photographs, graphics, or other digital files which are necessary for comprehension are encouraged. They should include reference citations. Please include them in the text where they should appear AND provide any graphics separately as high resolution files (.JPG, .PNG, .TIFF, etc.).
Title: The title of the article should be brief and allow readers to identify the topic and content easily.
Author(s): Please provide complete affiliation and e-mails of all authors.
Abstract: Please provide an abstract of approximately 300 words. The abstract should include the scope and intention of the paper, with a concise description of the methodology, supporting theories, general results, and main conclusions.
Keywords. Please provide up to six key words of your choice.
Length: Papers should not exceed 5000 words (including abstract, references and appendices).
References: Authors should follow the rules of APA Style.
The EUROCALL Review is indexed in
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center – an internet-based digital library of education research and information sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences of the U.S. Department of Education.)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) – an online directory that indexes and provides access to quality open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- MLA Modern Language Association International Bibliography.
- The European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS). This database contains data on scientifically approved european journals within the disciplines of humanities and social science.
- Red Iberoamericana de Innovación y Conocimiento Científico.
- The DULCINEA database, providing bibliographic data, access policies and self-archiving-policies.
- Wiley’s Linguistics Abstracts Online database – a continually updated database with abstracts appearing within 6-12 months of publication.
The EUROCALL Review is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
The EUROCALL Review does not have either article submission charges or article processing charges (APCs).