The aims of the CorpusCALL SIG are:
- To enable members to share information on applications of corpora in language learning and teaching.
- To take advantage of the international membership of EUROCALL to share information on applications in as many languages as possible.
- To gather information on work in progress, projects and products of members of the SIG and disseminate it via the website of the SIG.
- To participate actively in EUROCALL conferences and contribute articles on this field to EUROCALL-related publications.
- To organise EUROCALL pre-conference workshops.
- To encourage invitations for members of the group to visit each other's institutions with a view to developing collaboration.
- To develop joint funded projects.
- To liaise with the BAAL Corpus Linguistics SIG and with the Teaching and Language Corpora (TaLC) conference on matters of mutual interest.
The CorpusCALL SIG has set up their own community website: http://www.corpuscall.eu
Everyone interested in using corpora in language teaching is encouraged to join the community. The basic services are free with a special area dedicated to EuroCALL members. The website includes
- a database listing tools and resources for corpus-based language teaching and learning
- a bibliography of research relating to corpora in language teaching and learning
- discussion forums where members can post CorpusCALL-related news and questions for other members
- a calendar where you can advertise your own CorpusCALL-related events
Minutes of the CorpusCALL meeting at EUROCALL 2011 in Nottingham, UK (PDF)
At EuroCALL 2010, elections for the SIG committee were held: