Research in CALL teacher education
The EuroCALL Teacher Education special interest group focuses on issues related to language teaching with technologies and in particular how teachers learn to
- integrate learning technologies into teaching practice
- develop techno-pedagogical competencies
- evolve with changing tools, methods and learners.
We are especially interested in
- how teachers can be supported in CALL practice
- research methods in teacher education
- links between CALL research and teaching practice.
What are the SIG’s activities?
The activities of the SIG include:
- Sharing information with other members through the SIG Google group TeacherEdSIG_EuroCALL
- Organising dedicated symposia at EUROCALL conferences.
- Organising regional workshops in members’ home institutions which will enable members to make others aware of EUROCALL’s work.
- Collaborating together on the development of international project proposals.
- Encouraging SIG members to visit each others’ institutions with the aim of developing collaboration.
- Establishing links with other organisations’ special interest groups working in related areas.
EUROCALL members who are interested in joining the SIG and taking an active part in its activities should contact the chairs or join the Google group TeacherEdSIG_EuroCALL
Groningen, Netherlands, 23-25 August 2014
- Euline Cutrim Schmid, University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Shona Whyte, Université Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 2014, Nice, France: Teacher education workshop
Organisers: Shona Whyte, Euline Cutrim Schmid
- March 2012, Bologna, Italy: teacher education/CMC workshop
Organiser: Anna Beaven
- April 2011, Barcelona, Spain: teacher education/CMC conference
Organiser: Melinda Dooly
- May 2010 Lyon, France: Teacher Education workshop
Organiser: Nicolas Guichon