EUROCALL 2014: Second CFP
The second Call for Papers for EUROCALL 2014, to be held in Groningen, Netherlands, 20-23 August 2014, has been issued. The deadline is 31st January 2014. The full text of the call is below:
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS, 5 December 2013
Groningen, The Netherlands, 20-23 August, 2014
Submission of abstracts is now open for EUROCALL2014.
The 21st EUROCALL conference will be held at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands from 20th to 23rd August 2014.
The program will include individual papers, symposia, workshops, presentations on EU-funded projects, and posters.
EUROCALL conferences are hosted under the auspices of the EUROCALL Association. They bring together educators, researchers, PhD students, administrators, designers of software and language learning systems, policy makers and other professionals involved in Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) around the globe.
The conference theme is “CALL Design: Principles and Practice”. Proposals addressing the theme from theoretical and practical perspectives in relation to the many forms and contexts of CALL are particularly welcome. Submissions may include, but are not restricted to:
- Applying principles from SLA and TBLT in CALL
- Applying specific instructional models in CALL
- Preparing and delivering open educational resources, open courseware and open online courses for language learning
- Designing for open and independent online language learning
- Using competence or outcome-based frameworks (CEFR, IATFL, etc.) in CALL design
- Designing, applying and evaluating computer-based language tests
- Applying corpus-based designs and technologies
- Learning analytics and CALL design
- Synchronous and asynchronous CMC
- Gaming and virtual worlds
- Mobile apps for CALL
- Telecollaboration and Online Intercultural Exchanges
- Using NLP and AI-based designs and technologies
- Using specific design tools (LAMS, CompendiumLD, etc.) for CALL
- CALL for specific contexts and purposes (institutional setting, independent use)
- CALL for specific skills
- Successful CALL project designs
- Developing strategies for teacher education and professional development
Specialists and practitioners from the various disciplines and research areas which help inform CALL design are invited to contribute.
Keynote speakers at EUROCALL2014 will be:
- Carol A. Chapelle (Iowa State University) on technology, language learning and applied linguistics research
- Erik Duval (KU Leuven) on learning analytics and open education
- John H.A.L. de Jong (VU University Amsterdam / Pearson English) on computer-supported language assessment
Proposals for Papers, Symposia, European Projects, Workshops and Posters must be submitted online via the EUROCALL submission system which is now open. The submission system will close on 31st January 2014.
Authors of accepted presentations are requested to submit a short paper (1,500 words) for publication in the online conference proceedings, and may also submit an extended version for peer-reviewed publication in ReCALL or the EUROCALL Review.
- Deadline for submissions of proposals: 31st January 2014
- Notification of acceptance: 31st March 2014
- Early-bird registration ends: 31st May 2014
- Deadline for submissions of short papers for proceedings: 30th June 2014
Full details about presentation formats and the submission process can be found on the conference website at http://www.eurocall2014.nl/? page_id=26.
The submission system can also be reached directly at http://www.eurocall-languages. org/conf2014/.
On behalf of EUROCALL,
Dr S. Jager, ICT in Education, Faculty of Arts, University of Groningen
contact: email@example.com, + 31 (0) 50-363 5921 / 5263 co-organiser of Eurocall 2014: www.eurocall2014.nl