ISSN 0958-3440 EISSN: 1474-0109
ReCALL is a fully-refereed journal published by Cambridge University Press on behalf of EUROCALL. It is available online three times a year in January, May and September and paper copies are also issue to subscribers who specifically request them.
The journal contains research articles that report on empirical studies (quantitative or qualitative); provide rigorous meta-analyses or other syntheses; contribute to theoretical, epistemological or methodological debates; or present and critique new design approaches -- all in areas relating to technology in language learning and teaching.
ReCALL is available to individual EUROCALL members. Libraries are encouraged to subscribe directly with Cambridge University Press.
Members of EUROCALL can access all past issues of ReCALL by logging in to Cambridge Journals Online.
Metrics, abstracts and indices
- 2017 - 2.206
- The highest-ranking journal in the field of CALL
- 13th out of 181 journals in Linguistics
- 46th out of 238 journals in Education and Educational Research
ReCALL is currently either abstracted or indexed as follows:
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- Scopus (top quartile)
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- British Education Index (BEI)
- EBSCOhost databases (Academic Search Complete)
- Academic Search Premier
- Education Research Index and Education Research Complete
- Educational Research Abstracts Online
- Educational Technology Abstracts
- ERIH (European Reference Index for the Humanities)
- Pedagogical and Educational Research
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- Linguistics and Language Behaviour Abstracts
- MLA International Bibliography
- Psychological Abstracts; PsycINFO and PsychLIT
- Higher Education Abstracts
- ACM Digital Library (Association for Computing Machinery)
- European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS)
Further information on ReCALL
For further information on how to contribute to ReCALL, on the Editorial Board and for reviewer information, follow these links:
As of 2018, ReCALL no longer accepts reviews of websites, software, apps, books or other material. However, proposals can be submitted to The EUROCALL Review; please see https://polipapers.upv.es/index.php/eurocall.