EUROCALL Webmaster - job opportunity!
VACANCY - EUROCALL WEBMASTER
The post of EUROCALL Webmaster is an unpaid post; however this is your opportunity to take a leading role in shaping the online identity of EUROCALL now and for the future. The purpose of the post is to take a leadership role on web management and to develop/maintain the EUROCALL website in response to requests from the EUROCALL Administrator, acting on behalf of and as co-opted member of the Executive Committee and EUROCALL Marketing group. The website is hosted under the domain www.eurocall-languages.org
The site is currently an HTML site but the Executive Committee is in the process of having the site transferred to a WordPress site. The attendant duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responsibility for updating the website regularly, and for delivering a consistent user/member experience via website;
- Collaborating with the EUROCALL President & Vice President, the marketing subgroup, and the social media manager;
- Ensuring site security by setting up firewalls and login pages;
- Optimizing loading speeds and capacity;
- Debugging pages and fixing broken links or images;
- Assisting, at short notice, in cases of any urgent work that needs to be undertaken;
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Being proficient with WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- Possessing strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills;
- Monitoring and analysing site performance (e.g. google analytics)
- Addressing user complaints;
- Assisting with move from current site to WordPress site;
- Advising on future development of the website
The applicant should have:
- knowledge and interest in languages and CALL;
- ability to pay close attention to detail and update content with speed and efficiency;
- familiarity with publishing content on WordPress;
- availability to periodically meet with the EUROCALL Executive Committee and/or the Marketing group to discuss content updates;
- ability to update the website on a regular (at least fortnightly) basis;
- a valid EUROCALL membership at time of application;
- familiarity with HTML coding to assist in the transfer of content from old site to new WordPress site.
- Applicant commits to fulfilling the requirements of this position for a two-year term, renewable at the discretion of the Executive Committee;
- This is an unpaid position. However, for the duration of your appointment as Webmaster your EUROCALL membership fee will be waived as well as the annual conference registration fee;
- Applicant will work remotely.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter by 10th March to email@example.com . We hope to fill the position by 31st March 2023.